Are you eating the right foods for your entrepreneur brain?
In today’s episode of the podcast I’m actually sharing the microphone with a good friend of mine, we worked together back in the day when I was working in the city, although we worked for different companies, and I am so excited to have her on the show today because her journey from then to now is SUPER inspiring.
Josie Buck is the founder of The Mindful Cook, which brings together Josie’s love for food and cooking with her expertise in eating psychology and applied nutrition to help other women nurture a better relationship with food. Through her online courses, retreats and coaching Josie is empowering others to leave behind yo yo diets and faddy trends with the knowledge they need to make the right food choices for their body’s needs.
I don’t know about you but I’ve REALLY struggled in the past with knowing what to eat to counteract indigestion and food intolerances – there is so much information out there and it can be pretty confusing right? But Josie is great at laying everything out so simply, which I just love.
In our interview you’ll hear how we met for sure, but also how losing a dear friend became a catalyst for Josie to make a HUGE shift in her life and work, the courageous step that led her to finally find her passion and purpose and how that translated into launching her dream business. And you’re going to want to have a notebook ready because Josie shares some top nutrition tips straight from her online program “Healthy Mind, Healthy Body” including what most people need more of and what we should avoid.
I really hope you enjoy this episode!
5 top tips from Josie:
- Eat a varied diet that includes lots of vegetables, colours and good fats
- Be sure to include Omega 3 and Omega 6
- Combine protein, complex carbohydrates and healthy fats like avocado, nuts and oily fish
- Find time to plan your food in advance
- Have healthy snacks available when you’re working to stave off the afternoon ‘slump’
Links mentioned in this episode
- The Mindful Cook
- Download Josie’s free guide: Nutritionally Balanced Meals Made Simple
- Connect with Josie on Instagram and Facebook
- Find out about Josie’s Healthy Mind, Healthy Body online program
- Josie’s inspirations: Rupy Aujla / Dale Pinnock / Kimberly Wilson / Brook Castillo
- Healthy snacks: Holland & Barrett / Kind Snacks / Deliciously Ella
Want to listen to more episodes? You’ll find them all here
OTHER WAYS TO ENJOY THE IDEAL LIFE CLUB: