Do you feel able to put up your hand and ask for help as a parent?
Today I have a fellow author and coach on the show and someone who I respect SO much, in fact I’m reading her book right now and soaking up all the knowledge. Cai Graham is a parent, parenting coach, therapist and founder of Peak Parenting and author of The Teen Toolbox, an invaluable resource to equip parents and teenager with the tools for navigating adolescence.
Cai has a degree in Business and was an IT project manager before she became a mother, when she quit her city role and eventually set up her first passion-based business as a family photographer until her father sadly passed away. It was working with a life coach that showed her that her values for her work and life were very different and she gave herself permission to do something that she felt passionate about – being a life coach for women. Over time she realised that there was a gap in the market for supporting parents with teenage children.
As you’ll hear in our interview, Cai’s mission is to empower parents and teenagers with the tools to navigate what can traditionally be a challenging time, to create a mentally healthier and happier generation of young people. How incredible is that? And as you can imagine Cai has so much wisdom and some great top tips to share so grab your journal and a pen because you’re not going to want to miss them!
Cai’s 3 questions to communicate with uncommunicative teens:
- “I want things to change and need to know what’s going on with you. What is your number on a scale of 1-10 re how you’re feeling?” 1 = awful, 10 = fabulous.
- “What’s your word? Give me a describing word about how you’re feeling”. Start allowing them to tap into their own feelings
- “Do you want to talk?” You have to abide by their answer. If the answer is NO you have to walk away but say “OK, I’m here for you when you do.”
Cai’s morning routine – FIRST
- F: Hot water & lemon
- I: Intentions – 3 things for the day
- R: Reading & research
- S: Stretch using rebounder & yoga
- T: Tanks for what she’s got – 3 things she’s grateful for
Links mentioned in this episode
- Buy the Teen Toolbox on Amazon
- The Teen Toolbox app on Google Play and Apple
- Follow Cai on YouTube
- Follow Cai on Facebook / Instagram
- Join Cai’s Facebook group
- Download my FREE cheatsheet – the 9 questions you must ask before you work with ANY coach this year.
Want to listen to more episodes? You’ll find them all here
OTHER WAYS TO ENJOY THE IDEAL LIFE CLUB: